Monday, February 25, 2008

GP & Contact Lens Appointments and Revamping A Room!


My dream glasses...will buy it when I back to Malaysia soon!Bwahahaha


Bored and Tired...that's how I feel at the moment...I try to start writing up my two courseworks; first is for the lab report (Clinical Measurement subject) and second one is about critical review regarding two journal papers (Research & Methodology Techniques). I really struggling when it comes on writing academic reports as compare when writing an entry for my blog!..huhu...How I truly wish if I can write those academic reports just as smooth as I'm writing this entry!

I feel tired tonight because this morning I went to two places. First, I took a walk to Commercial Road to book an appointment for General Practitioner or we call it GP (at last! After being here for almost 6 months! Nida...Nida...you are really a couch potato!). And guess what, the only available slot for me is next month, 28th of March 2008, at quarter past 2 and what make it worst is that, I forget that I actually have an Ultrasound & Imaging lab at that time! Owh, what a crap!!!! So, I need to go back there and change the appointment but definitely not tomorrow as I have a full day class!

Then, I went to the eye practitioner shop near to my university campus since I intend to wear a contact lens. Unfortunately, she didn't offer a contact lens service; instead, she recommended another optician shop which was located in Bethnel Green. So, I took a bus to go there (Bus No. 309) and got-off from it at the last station. Once again, I had to walk and walk and walk until finally, I found the shop. So, I walked-in and thank god, the receptionist lady was very helpful and explained bit by bit about the whole process of getting the contact lens. So, the process listed down here are the prices that the lady had quoted for me. It's just for your general info. But really, it is not like in Malaysia where you can easily get, buy and wear it !!! (sigh)

1st: Eyesight Test - GBP22 (it's free only if you are under 16, full time students but not more than 19 years old), Have Diabetic or Glaucoma history, Funded by the Gov under certain scheme (can't really remember). Hey, the eyesight test is free in Malaysia you know!Truly UK!

2nd: A Week Trial - GBP30 (after fitting, they will give you the contact lens and you need to wear it for one week. After one week trial, if you encounter any difficulties within that period, they will do the fitting again and give you the second trial. The 30pounds you pay will cover all trials that may be occur during contact lens fitting)

3rd: Contact Lens + Solutions - Prices vary (You will pay GBP50 for a monthly basis which covers for 3 months usage. However, if you are interested in daily basis opt, then willingly to sacrifice GBP30 which only comes with 30 pairs of contact lens)

So far, I choose for daily basis since I don't think I want to wear it for a month!No way!....


As soon as I came back to my room (Room Sweet Room..hehe), I found out that it was really messy with the notes and clothes all over the place. Therefore, I decided to do a lil bit changes on it..As a result, here is what she looks like now...So, this is my room which I have to pay 75GBP per week...and I know, it's not as big as my other friends' room who live outside London...Otherwise, what do you expect? This is LONDON guys, everything is expensive especially the room or house rent !!! I am not affordable to get a spacious and beautiful room though how I sincerely wish to get one! Phewww, only in my dreams!!!


Ro0m SWEET Ro0m (n_n)

6 comments:

  1. salam...
    babe...
    leceh nak mati prosedur nak pakai lense! huuu..
    aku skang tgk stop pkai lense sbb aku nye silau tinggi, so payah sket nak pakai lense..
    terpakse laa jd cam zmn kanak2 dulu, berspecky semula!
    babe, gi paris eh? beli ape?
    letak aa shoutout box..
    senang sket aku nak jerit2 kat situ!
    huhuu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ngah, klu rabun silau tinggi, hg still lei pkai lens...ade apecial lens tuk cover astigmatism..that lens is also known as toric lens..pi la UKM kampus KL, adik aku lei wat lens fitting for free tuk ko..lagi baik dr p optician yg kt luar tuu, yg kdg2 sembrono jew..huhu

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoho..
    ye ke? adik ko leh wat free utk aku!
    aku tau psl toric lense tu..
    tp aku mmg x penah pakai sbb b4 ni akunye silau x tinggi sgt! so, leh hentam jerk pakai lense ape2..
    tp skang dah payah aa..
    dah laa mahal..susah lak tu, kene tempah dulu!
    huu..adik ko yg mana ek?

    ReplyDelete
  4. adik aku no.2, jalia.Dia amik optometrist.Bln 4 ni die da abeh blaja, so klu pi dlm bln 3 nii, smpt la kot jupe die.

    tp lens fitting jew yg free, toric lens tu still kene byr..aku taw mahal, skunk ni price die lagi mahal sbb adik aku ckp da nek hrga!

    tp yg bagusnyee, dey all check betul2 , bkn sebarang jew laa.Optician kat UK ni pun sama, dat's why sume die charge, setimpal dgn service yg die bagik. huhu

    ReplyDelete
  5. kawaii ? sure or not? .hehe..Hait!..kawaii ne..(tul kew saya jwb balik neh..hehe)

    ReplyDelete