Monday, February 4, 2008

Courseworks, Classes...wot a life!!!



HOLA !!!

After experiencing several problems last semester, personally, I think this semester is going quite well for me. It is just what I have been looking for! Like the old saying; there will be a rainbow after the heavy rains. Last week was really a frenetic week for me as I started my extra classes. That is to say, the English lessons have occupied a few additional hours of my weekday timetable! My daily schedule now is quite tight but it is something that I like about my new life in this new semester as an MSc student in QMUL. =)

Last semester I was not responsive enough compared to this semester. What I mean by that is I don't do anything to improve myself though I know that I am not good at English, I am too shy to speak with my classmates and I have a problem absorbing the points as I couldn't grasp the things that my lecturers said during lecture time (I have a serious problem in listening skill =( ). On top of that, I don't even dare to open my mouth to ask the lecturer because my self-esteem has been very low ever since I came to England and all sorts of negative thoughts cloud my mind!

Even so, I don't want to be like that anymore and that's why I decided to take a few English classes such as Grammar and Vocabulary class, PhD Writing class as well as a General English class this semester. I hope it is not too late for me! After attending the classes for the first time, I found that all classes were enjoyable and I didn't feel any stress as I would face when attending the subject lectures. We were free to ask any questions and at last, I manage to ask the lecturer a question even though I have never asked any of my lecturers before this! Probably because my other classmates are all at the same level (or slightly higher than me) so I don't really feel too much embarrassment if I make any silly mistakes in my sentence. =p

The learning atmosphere in the English class really assists me to absorb information effectively. The lecturer in Grammar and Vocabulary session is very kind, my Phd writing tutor is willingly to assist me in writing a good literature review for my MSc project while my General English lecturer is helping me to eradicate all my weaknesses concerning my English usage that may appear when doing the activities in class!

Right now, I discover that after all, being a student in QMUL is really electrifying and I am thrilled to see how far I can change myself to be a much better person in academic as well as in social life! Still, only the sky is the limit! =)

Till then

Nu Na

No comments:

Post a Comment