Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cheese and Mushroom Sauce with Pasta and Daging Masak Pedas!


It has been almost a year since I first came to London. Within a few months, I have become more resilient towards all the hardships which I had to bear with during these periods. In fact, I am now more or less, able to counter-attack the very unpleasant things that may occur throughout my daily life. Moreover, my English is much better now as compare to my "early golden ages" and I have more confidence to speak English in public. Alhamdulillah. Indeed, "experience is a good teacher" but one had said that; "Learn experience from others may save you from doing the same,wrong mistakes, and avoiding from making wrong decisions".

Guys, I really dont want my Nu Na's Chronicle turns to Nu Na's Daily Recipe, but I cant help myself from taking pictures of my self-made cuisine. For today's lunch, I made Pasta with Cheese and Mushroom Sauce. It was easy to make and save your precious time as it was just took 'bout half an hour to complete. That is include the time for preparing the ingredients: grayting the cheese, frying the mushrooms and so forth. I once ate this when I was living with the Bruneian family but I havent got the chance to do it until today.


Just look at the texture. Yummy isn't it? (^_^) For pasta, I used Fussili while for making the cheese sauce, I used the Cheddar cheese,milk,butter and flour. As for the mushrooms, I used button mushrooms and cut each of it into four and then fried them with chopped garlic, salt and pepper using olive oil. It was my first try and the taste: should I say more?! Hehe.

Yesterday's dinner I made Daging Masak Pedas. Believe me, this was my first time I bought and eat beef here! Actually, I dont really eat beef and lamb that much. But, a few days before, I was kept thinking about the Daging Masak Pedas which was usually cooked by my mom during Hari Raya or special event(Owh,I miss my mom..sob sob sob). And so, I called my mom yesterday afternoon to confirm again regarding the ingredients and asked her any useful tips that could be applied during the making process.


The result: As you can see here. This is actually the leftover. I just took the picture today. And since I made the pasta for the lunch and decided not to cook the rice, so my hubby had eaten it with the pasta!Hurmmm...macam2!(^_^). For 1kg beef = 7GBP = 42MYR. Expensive kan? I dont know how much the beef price per kilogram in Msia. Anyone?!

No comments:

Post a Comment